This episode we discuss why we created ADA Shop Talk, the format and what we hope our listeners will get out out of the show. Mark and I speak a little about our back grounds and how we got involved in all this accessibility “stuff”.
Questions answered this episode:
- Are grab bars, and a seat required in a pool area shower for an apartment project?
- Is it ok to buy 1 pool lift to serve both the existing swimming pool and existing spa for an existing hotel facility? Does the lift need to be made available for use at anytime?
- What is the definition of “change of direction” related to intermediate ramp landing requirements? I remember at one time seeing 30 degrees is a change in direction but can’t find it anywhere.
- I’ve heard it said that the CBC does not cover the public right of way…if that’s true, then I’m wondering why we have sections that address sidewalks, curb ramps, and pedestrian traffic controls? Specifically, we are being questioned about why many cities don’t enforce the following section: 11B-703.7.2.7 Pedestrian traffic-control buttons
ADA Product Spotlight: ADAEZ Wire Free Door Opener
ADAEZ PRO and ADAEZ PRO PLUS Features
- ADA / ANSI A156.19 Compliant Design and Operation
- Door Mounted Operator for Ease of Installation
- PUSH Side (Parallel Arm) Mounting or PULL Side (Standard Arm) Mounting Hardware
- Mounting Hardware for Virtually any Door and Frame
- Automatic Handing Selector – Non Handed
- Wireless RF Stainless Steel Pushbuttons – Heavy Duty, Weatherized, Surface Mounted
- Dynamic Braking for High Wind Applications
- Electronic Back Check for Abusive Environments
- Fully Adjustable Closing Spring – Size 2 to Size 6 Closer
- Brushless DC Motor/Gearbox delivers up to a 10M Activation Cycle Life
- Integral ON / OFF Selector Switch
- Easy to Use Mounting Template – Installation Instructions – Telephone Technical Support
DSA Announces several classes in August:
August 1, 2016 – Sacramento
August 2, 2016 – Sacramento
August 3, 2016 – Sacramento
August 4, 2016 – Sacramento
August 5, 2016 – Sacramento
August 12, 2016 – Riverside
If you have any questions or need assistance with DSA registration, please contact Larry Meade at Laurence.Meade@dgs.ca.gov.
The Next ADA Symposium is in Chicago, Illinois May 14th thru 17th 2017, Registration will open January 6, 2017
ADA Shop Talk Sponsored By:
BlueDAG – Accessibility Inspection and Plan Reviews at Your Fingertips
CalCasp – Your online Accessibility Training & Education Resource